We started out with a Matchbox bus. We're working our way up to a real bus or RV. ~The Browns

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Thanks, Chris and Karen!

We're feeling much love from the unschooling community right now in regards to the support we are getting for this crazy dream of ours. Last night I opened a local unschooling friend's (mentor really) blog and this is what I saw:

Remember Kyle MacDonald who traded a red paper clip up until he got a house? By all the news accounts he is a decent, upstanding, young, single guy who had a cool idea! Check out his blog. It's entertaining and uplifting! A young unschooling family I know here in Iowa, wants to barter up for a converted bus. You see these young parents have been through the mill. They both came from tough beginnings, pulled themselves up by their bootstraps, and want to show their two young boys a big, big, unschooling life -- on the road. So check out their blog, "A Bus 4 A Bus" and if you can, spread the word! If anyone deserves this dream to come true, they do!

Chris, THANK YOU so much for your kindness and help! Words cannot express the emotions I am feeling right now. I just wanted you to know you have really touched our hearts. Cliff even read the post and I think he was moved beyond words as well. I am going to give the link to your blog. I hope that's o.k. I can remove it later, if needed: http://zamunzo.blogspot.com/

Aside from this lovely post from Chris we have been welcomed to visit a beautiful family from SD who is in Iowa right now working. They are living in their pretty bus (see picture) at a neat campground not too far away. We're super duper excited about meeting them and their three young boys tomorrow! It's just what we (mostly Cliff..heheh) need right now to get more inspiration to keep plugging away! You can visit their blog at: http://www.thewildtribe.blogspot.com/

All our love and appreciation,
Heather and the guys

2 comments:

zamozo said...

I'm happy to help your endeavor in what little way I can. I'm fine with your link! Good luck and... Rick and I were talking about a refrigerator we have in our garage -- maybe offering it as a trade, but we're not sure it works. If and when we figure that out I'll let you know.

Heather's Moving Castle said...

Wow!!! That could be our first trade!!! That means you'd be the keeper of our little bus! That would be sweet.

Just let us know if you are serious and if the refrigerator works. Cliff's brother has a truck, so getting it would not be an issue.

:~)

We started with a toy Matchbox bus and will keep trading items until we trade up to (you guessed it) a real bus." ~The Brown Family