We started out with a Matchbox bus. We're working our way up to a real bus or RV. ~The Browns

Friday, September 15, 2006

The Apple Dumpling!

I just want to give a shout out to the Goza family, aka, The Act!vated Storytellers. I was inspired to do this after listening to their wonderful podcast from Sept. 7, 2006, "Apple Dumpling." Plus they had this note on their website under the link to the podcast:
After spending an afternoon picking apples we decided to present the English story "The Apple Dumpling". See if it reminds you of the guy who used craigslist.org to trade a red paper clip for something bigger and better and ended up with a house. Read the MSN story about trading a paper clip for a house.

The Goza's and Kyle MacDonald (paperclip guy) are all truly talented and inspiring folks! I appreciate people who bring others up! A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ALL!!!! You're as sweet as dumplings.

But don't think I forgot the other really awesome people who gave me the support and encouragement I needed when I wasn't sure we were worthy. Thanks Vicki and Chris! You're the best!! :~)

By the way, I'll be sure to upate this blog as soon as we make a trade! Nothing in the works yet! I'll be a little sad when I have to turn over the bus. But it will be worth it!

1 comment:

learningbarefoot said...

Amazingly enough (or collective consciousness at work) my family is doing the same thing as you! We just started our trades- I have been dreaming of going on the road for some time and then after I met thewildtribe through my local homeschool group, they directed me to FOTR where I fell in love with the Gozas (although have not yet corresponded personally!) and decided to take the leap of faith that Kyle inspired with his one red paper clip. I'll keep an eye on your blog to see if I can trade you something (I already have a tent) and hope to cross paths on the road- both of us in our "dream home"!

We started with a toy Matchbox bus and will keep trading items until we trade up to (you guessed it) a real bus." ~The Brown Family