We started out with a Matchbox bus. We're working our way up to a real bus or RV. ~The Browns

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Babel Fish AND another trade

I'm really excited about adding the Babel Fish translator icon to my blog. Some of the languages will not translate when I click a flag but most do. I hope all the folks abroad who stumble on this blog will find it helpful. I have translated a few blogs to English when I have had time by using a web translator. Try it out sometime. It's a trip!

Another really exciting update. So far I have one kind soul (Tess) from Kansas who wants to trade with us. She found the bath tub on ebay we listed as a trade. As far as I know I am the first person who has used ebay to trade an item instead of sell outright. I was not impressed with the lack of response I was getting thru Craigslist.org so we decided to give ebay a try. We've emailed a few times thru ebay today and I am impressed with this person:

1st message: What a great idea! Let me know if you are seroius about any trade, because what I would have to trade is antique and vintage china.

2nd message: Wonderful. If I win the bid, I would pick up. A good road trip never hurt anyone. The china is in storage. If you would like to see it before I can get it, there is some on ebay- search (Victoria Austria 228) And I could throw in a lovely cocktail set that is read and gold with a Thai dancer on it.

Horray for ebay and Tess!! That's all for now!! We're staying busy here and excited about everything we have going on! Thanks for checking in.

All our love,
The Browns

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Heather,
That's so exciting!!
Now I need to think if I have anything valuable if I like the china!!!

Karen

We started with a toy Matchbox bus and will keep trading items until we trade up to (you guessed it) a real bus." ~The Brown Family