We started out with a Matchbox bus. We're working our way up to a real bus or RV. ~The Browns

Friday, June 22, 2007

Antique Japanese Hinamatsuri Dolls for trade












































Thank you, Julia for this lovely trade!! This is the info Julia gave me about her 15 antique dolls:
These dolls are purchased by grandparents for the granddaughters for the cultural doll festival. They were brought here by a teacher during the 30's or 40's. My family handled the estate sale of this teacher in 1986 or 87.

The trade includes the glass case they are in.

Here are a few links for info about the doll festival in Japan:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinamatsuri
http://japanese.about.com/library/weekly/aa022501a.htm

We are very excited about this trade and know someone will be very thrilled to trade for these. Thanks so much again, Julia! We hope you like the tent!! The raft had a hole so that is why we only trade the tent.

4 comments:

Mistress of Hatton House said...

Heather, I'd like to trade ( I want those dolls!) but I have no idea what I have that would be a trade up. Perhaps a couple of things in combination? We too are selling our home, though not for the road, and have quite a bit to downsize. If you could let me know a general price range?

Heather's Moving Castle said...

Hi Mama Podkayne~
I haven't taken the dolls to get appraised. I am unable to do that until Sept. I would guess their value to be above $2000 because of their age and in a complete 15 doll set with a case. Please send us a private email to brownsplus2@yahoo.com. Thanks for your interest and I hope your downsizing goes well.

Heather said...

Those are beautiful dolls!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

We started with a toy Matchbox bus and will keep trading items until we trade up to (you guessed it) a real bus." ~The Brown Family