We started out with a Matchbox bus. We're working our way up to a real bus or RV. ~The Browns

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

More Victoria Austria China on the way


We're on an antique roll and we're not complaining!Sarah from Pennsylvania contacted me and our trade will be complete at the end of the week. I will post again this weekend to confirm all went well and I'll explain how we exchanged items. She only needed the plates. So we still have the martini set. We'll work that into a trade somehow. Her story is very interesting and I don't think she'll mind if I share it here. This is part of an email she sent today in regard to our upcoming trade:

"This is great. Many years ago, my aunt gave me her mother's(my grandmother) china. It was missing 2 soup bowls and 1 coffee cup to be a set of 12. I then broke 4 plates. I had them mended but they are only for show not use. Over the many years I have found the soup bowls and coffee cup but not the plates. In searching, I had picked up the platter and covered veggie which I am sending you. I already had them in the orginal set. My grandmother as a child was indentured to a fine family where she cared for their children and her own younger brother. They gave her the china when she left their service. So you can see why I wanted to complete the set."

The history of antiques are so intriguing to me now more than ever! If all goes well with our trade we'll have an antique Victoria Austria serving platter and a matching covered serving dish to offer as our next trade. These items are the same pattern the plates were and the plates must be quite old and hard to find. It seems a miracle she found the plates and it was meant to be! The photos were sent to me via email from Sarah. Hopefully I'll have a photo of Sarah and her items to add this week.

All our joy,
Heather and family

2 comments:

zamozo said...

So, did you post the antique dishes on eBay and Sarah from Pennsylvania found them there? Just curious.

Heather's Moving Castle said...

I didn't realize we had created some mystery with this trade. Sorry about that! We will reveal all tonight. :~)

We started with a toy Matchbox bus and will keep trading items until we trade up to (you guessed it) a real bus." ~The Brown Family